Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
James A. Zimble Learning Resource Center • 4301 Jones Bridge Rd. Bethesda, MD 20814 • Main Number: 301-295-3189 • AMI Helpdesk: 301-295-3358
COVID-19 LRC Operations
during USU Return to Campus Plan
Currently Phase 2
(beginning 13 JUL 2020)
LRC Rules for On-Site Use
LRC Rules for On-Site Use
- Anyone who is sick, or believes they may be sick, should stay home. Please cancel your reservation, contact your supervisor and notify USU Occupational Health (301) 295-9444.
- Users must:
- Wear masks, even while seated (Commercial or Fabric masks compliant with CDC guidelines).
- Sit in their reserved space (even if simply printing or scanning).
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from other users.
- Take personal items with them when they leave the LRC.
- Sanitize their workspace after every use using the provided cleaning supplies.
- Phone calls are permitted outside the LRC and on the 2nd floor patio.
- The LRC Patio will be unlocked on dry days.
- Users may not enter the LRC beyond the front desk without a seat reservation. Patrons with a reservation may arrive up to 5 minutes early. Excepted from this rule are those with offices within the LRC. Users with offices may remove their masks while their door is closed.
- Print books and materials may be checked out from the front desk. Print items must be requested a half-business day in advance through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LRC Staff will comply with social distancing rules during patron interactions.
Reserving a Study Space
To enter the LRC beyond the Circulation Desk, you must reserve a study space.
- Exceptions are allowed for those with offices within the LRC or with work activities in the LRC (e.g. housekeeping, facilities, security).
Books and other Print Materials
To check out a book, please submit a request to email@example.com or through the Ask LRC Staff link on this page (right). When requesting material, include:
- the call number,
- citation information (title, author, etc.),
- a phone number we may call,
- and a requested pickup date/time.
Please allow at least a half-working day for our staff to retrieve your book and hold it for you at the Circulation Desk.
To search our catalog of print books, log into our Main website and use the Catalog tab under Search Our Collections.