Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
James A. Zimble Learning Resource Center • 4301 Jones Bridge Rd. Bethesda, MD 20814 • Main Number: 301-295-3189 • AMI Helpdesk: 301-295-3358
Exporting to a Citation Manager (e.g., EndNote)
PowER Search can send records formatted as APA or AMA citations directly to your e-mail, but it can also export records to a bibliographic management software program such as EndNote, RefWorks or Mendeley:
- From the PowER Search results screen, hover over the item you wish to export and click Cite (right panel).
- Note: To export multiple records at once, save individual records to the "temporary folder" by clicking on the folder icon next to each record. Once you have added the desired records to the Folder, click on the Folder icon and follow the steps below.
- Next, click Export to select the appropriate file format, RefWorks, EndNote, BibTex, or Citavi.
- Open your bibliographic management software and import using the steps required by the package.
- For example: If you select EndNote, PowER Search will download a .RIS file (e.g., export-endnote-14068133337.ris). To import, right-click on the downloaded file, select Open With and choose EndNote.