Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
James A. Zimble Learning Resource Center • 4301 Jones Bridge Rd. Bethesda, MD 20814 • Main Number: 301-295-3189 • AMI Helpdesk: 301-295-3358
What is EndNote?
EndNote® is a software program used to manage bibliographic citations. You can retrieve references from bibliographic databases, import them into your own database, and create bibliographies in a variety of formats using a word processing program. You can also add references to a Word™ document and create a bibliography using a style of your choosing. The current version is EndNote X20.
Please note, the LRC is in the process of updating this guide to reflect the new EndNote X20 version.
How do I get EndNote?
USUHS has a site license for EndNote and is available for free to USUHS faculty, students, and staff who are billeted at USUHS.
Download via the USUHS Student Software Library (USU students)
USU Faculty and Staff who haven’t already been granted access to the Student Software library may request access by contacting email@example.com or submitting a Service Now request (USUService Desk)
You must first log in to your USU Gmail account, using your CAC or SAKAI (Single Sign On) account. Follow the steps below:
- From your USU Gmail account, access Google Drive (see image right).
- In the search box, start typing: student software library, and click on the Student Software Library Folder.
- Download the EndNote 20 folder to your hard drive.
- From the EndNote 20 folder on your hard drive.
- Mac Users: Double-click on EndNote 20Installer.dmg
- Windows Users: Double-click on EndNote20Inst.msi
- The download process may take several minutes.
- If you are prompted for a "license key", open the Endnote X20 License.text to copy and paste into EndNote.
EndNote 20 should already be installed on your station. But if it is not, you may request it be installed by submitting a Service Now request (USUService Desk) or installing yourself via the Software Center.
To install via the Software Center:
- Select Microsoft Endpoint Manager from the Windows Start Menu and click on Software Center.
- From the Applications section, click on Endnote (the current latest version is 20.0.1).
- Click Install. You may then close the Software Center.
- EndNote should install in the background after a few minutes.
Need to contact Dan Nevius, ITS Service Desk (ISD) at 301-295-9800 OR firstname.lastname@example.org to have the software installed or updated to the current version, EndNote X20.
EndNote Technical Support
The LRC Reference staff will be happy to assist you with your EndNote questions.
You may also contact EndNote Technical Support: